Set the Goal
Dedicate yourself to achieving the goal of earning the pCNSE. It will take time, effort, and will be more challenging than the Microsoft & Cisco certifications you are accustomed to taking.
Familiarize yourself with the pCNSE blueprint document which includes the pCNSE exam objectives and exam format.
Complete the following instructor led classes:
- EDU-210 – Essentials – Configuration and Management
- EDU-221 – Managing Multiple Firewalls
Together, these 2 classes cover all the key features of both the firewall and panorama.
- Get a support account if your don’t already have one
- Obtain access to non-production lab equipment to practice on. Good options include:
- a PA-200 or PA-220
- a VM Firewall instance on your ESX server – a VM-Firewall instance in AWS
- Download the PANOS, Panorama, & Global Protect admin guides
- Download doc-1628 “PAN-OS Packet Flowa Day in the Life of a Packet” from the live community
- Download the pCNSE Study Guide
Run through implementing and testing all aspects of the pCNSE study guide in your lab using your course lab guides, downloaded documentation to assist as needed.
After having 4-6 months hands on experience with the PANOS platform, complete the following instructor led class:
- EDU-311 – Debug & Troubleshoot
Practice Some More
Run through implementing and testing all aspects of the pCNSE study guide in your lab again only this time, minimize your use of course lab guides, downloaded documentation.
Take the following no cost exams in the Palo Alto Learning Center https://paloaltonetworks.csod.com (log in with your support account credentials):
- Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- pCNSE Practice Questions
Practice Even More
Run through implementing and testing all aspects of the pCNSE study guide in your lab a third time only this time, without the use of course lab guides, downloaded documentation.
Schedule the Exam
When you are ready to attempt the exam, register for it on the Pearson-Vue website
pCNSE Preparation Bundles
Talk to your Sun Management Account Representative about our new pCNSE prep bundle, which include:
- A personal lab environment comprised of your choice of either a PA-220 or VM-50 firewall, each with a 1 year subscription bundle (a $500 value)
- A seat in all 3 recommended liveinstructor led courses (EDU-210,221,311) taught at our Arlington training facility by expert instructors. (a $10,000 value)
- Email access to our instructors during and after training is completed